English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Installing new extensions on slaves
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Installing new extensions on slaves
Installing new extensions on slaves 9 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi there,

I have setup a small test network including a Master and single Slave site using a 'new like' of:

shareMasterSubdomain

Everything is working fine until I try to install a new extension on the slave site. I have already installed the new extension on the Master site but it is not automatically appearing on the Slave and when I attempt to install the extension on the Slave manually I get the error:

This extension is not found in the master site.

Please install it first in the master site before installing it into the slave site
Error installing module

I am using symbolic links on the Master for everything except:

Cache (mkdir: Create Folder)
Images (copy)
Installation (mkdir: Create Folder with subfolder)
Logs (mkdir: Create Folder)
Templates (Special: Special Copy)
tmp (mkdir: Create folder)

So I have symbolic links for components, modules and plugins.

I have read your documentation and I believe in this instance the new extension should be appearing automatically as it is not creating new DB entries (its a login module) but even so after installing the extension on the Master I am unable to install it on the Slave.

Please advise.

Spec:

Joomla 3.3.6
JMS2WIN 1.3
deveshi
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Installing new extensions on slaves 9 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
The concept of JMS is based on the sharing.
- Sharing of the same joomla application (php code) and extensions.
- Sharing of the content of a limited number of extensions (DB content)

When an extension is used in a slave site, this mean that it runs the php code present in the master.
For this reason, when you try to install an extension in a slave site, JMS verifies that this extension is present in the master with exactly the same version number.

So, if you have a message that inform you that the extension is not present in the master, this may mean that you didn't installed the extension in the master or that this extension you a special installer to bypass the standard joomla installation.

You have 3 differents method to install something in a slave site.
- Use the JMS tools to install the extension. This only copy the MySQL table and not the PHP as it is already present.
- Re-install the extension in the slave site with the "master / version" verification
- Use the extension manager / discover to identify the extension that are already present in the master and for which the declaration of them in the DB is missing.

In J2.5 (or higher), all the extensions (component, module, plugin, template, libraries, ...) have entries in the DB to declare them.
So the extension can not appear automatically as they must be declared in the DB.

Under J1.5/aJmooL 1.5, the template does not need to be installed as they are automatically detected by Joomla as there is no DB entry required for them.

Remark: In case where the extension would not be defined in the JMS toola and that the re-install verification fails due to a specific extension installer, it is possible to setup JMS to ignore this verification at your own risk as disable it may create inconistencies. See the JMS settings to disable the verification.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla