English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

How To Completely Remove Multisites
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: How To Completely Remove Multisites
How To Completely Remove Multisites 9 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
I am having some issues with multisites and have tryed to uninstall and reinstall the component but when I do my templates are still there and there seems to be more issues.

Could you please tell me how I can completely remove multisites so I can start a fresh with it please.

Thanks
dickon32
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How To Completely Remove Multisites 9 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
First, JMS can be re-installed over it and the de-installation is not required to re-install it.

Before uninstall JMS, it is recommended to keep a backup of the "configuration.php" present in the master (just in case).
When you uninstall JMS, this uninstall all the patches.
The uninstall of the patches consists in restoring the files that were install at the moment that you installed the patches. This include the "configuration.php". As you may have change the DB login, password of this one, it is a good pratice to keep a backup.

If you are not sure that all the original joomla files are restored, you can always unzip the same joomla full package over the current master.
So that, all the patches will be removed.
Don't forget to remov

JMS does not save anything in the DB for its data.
So no cleanup is required in the DB.

Remark: Even when JMS is uninstalled, some slave site may continue working with multisite because the technology used by JMS is to modify the way that files are stored in the disk and how the MySQL tables are created in the DB.
This is the reason why we can say that in some circumstance, the overhead of JMS is 0 second because you can uninstall it and the slave are still working as multisite
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla