English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

T3 Framework template in JMS: Good or not so good?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: T3 Framework template in JMS: Good or not so good?
T3 Framework template in JMS: Good or not so good? 9 Years ago Karma: 0
Hello Edwin,

I am wondering what your opinion and experience is of installing responsive templates based on a template framework into JMS? Can it work well within JMS or will it slow the entire site down?

I realize that it depends upon the specific framework.

I am thinking about using the Uber template from JoomlArt.com — based on their T3 Framework — as one of my main templates for my slave sites. It seems to have a wide variety of configuration and layout options.

I'm not sure how complex it would be to upgrade it over time. In general, T3 files exist in the plugins and media directories, which would be symlinks in the slave sites. I think upgrading T3 is as simple as installing it over the existing component.

Maybe other site owners in this forum have experience with the T3 Framework in JMS?

Thanks,
Azurelink
azurelink
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2015/04/23 21:09 By azurelink.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: T3 Framework template in JMS: Good or not so good? 9 Years ago Karma: 54
Responsive template provided by some template company have sometimes issues.
This is the case of Yoothemes for which we have to create specific products to fix their framework included in each template.

Concerning T3 framework it works.
It is created by JoomlArt and their template are working with JMS.
We have some customers for whom we also provide hosting who use JoomlArt template with success.
JoomlArt team know JMS and when we encountered issue with that, they fix it quickly.
So we consider JoomlArt as OK with JMS.

Yes updating T3 consists in updating the plugin.
edwin2win
graph

Re: T3 Framework template in JMS: Good or not so good? 8 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Another related question...

I want to begin using JoomlArt's Uber template in my JMS sites. Uber runs on the T3 framework. All of my sites have their own databases and their own "images_specific" and "templates" directories.

But Uber seems to be a bit complex because it comes with about 18 predefined sites to choose from. When installed on a standalone site, when you first visit the installer, it asks you to choose one of the predefined sites. I'm not sure if I would be asked this question for each slave site I use Uber in. (I'll also ask JoommlArt about this.)

QUESTION:

1. I assume I should install Uber in the Master site first. Do I also need to install it in each slave site? I'd like to use a different predefined site design for each slave site, plus I will need to customize each template to alter their branding elements and colors. I know that in JMS, we can use specific templates for slave sites if they are not being shared, so I assume that I would need to install Uber in the slave sites I will be using it in. Please confirm?
azurelink
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re: T3 Framework template in JMS: Good or not so good? 8 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
You seems mention that you are using a specific /templates directory.
IF in the setup of the slave site you have defined the "new themes folder" = {deployr_dir}/templates THEN you can install the template in the slave site WITHOUT installing it in the master website.

As soon as you use a specific /templates directory, it is possible to install a specific joomla template as long as the new themes directory is setup with {deploy_idr}/templates
edwin2win
graph

Re: T3 Framework template in JMS: Good or not so good? 8 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Yes, this site does have a specific "templates" directory assigned for slave sites.

FYI, JoomlArt's Uber template, which as mentioned is based on the T3 framework, which means that it has numerous files which are installed into various directories outside of the specific template directory, e.g., into /plugins, /media, etc. Would these files be installed into the symlinked directories in the master site when I install the template from the slave admin area?
azurelink
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re: T3 Framework template in JMS: Good or not so good? 8 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
Normally, a template does not install other extension into other directories.
What you describe is moreless a "demo template" that generally is delivered with plenty of the additional extension pre-installed into a joomla installation.

In addition the T3 framework is a library that is used (consumed) but Joomlart template and that is common to all lthe JA templates.

If you have specific issue with JA, you can contact them directly.
They know JMS and already did some fixes in their framework when in the past some issues were identified.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla