English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Why can't I see Slave DB in cPanel?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Why can't I see Slave DB in cPanel?
Why can't I see Slave DB in cPanel? 9 Years ago Karma: 0
I have installed JMS and successfully replicated the Master site as Slave 1. However, when I go into cPanel, I do not see the new devgeosi_slave1 DB in phpMyAdmin. When replicating, I submitted a new DB name and all seemed to process fine. I have the MySQL root credentials in JMS settings.

The master and slave1 sites are working correctly. Is the "New DB" just a table in devgeosi_master DB? If so, where? Or, why can I not see it?

Thanks in advance,

Jim
jimgrove
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Why can't I see Slave DB in cPanel? 9 Years ago Karma: 54
If you setup the JMS setting with the MySQL root login and password then JMS is able to create the DB and also potentially the MySQL user.

The DB created can be saw with the root login.
They does not appear in the cPanel account.
To see the DB, you can connect on WHM and use the PHMyAdmin where you will see the DBs.

JMS does not connect on cPanel account to create the DB.
It directly create the DB in MySQL.
The potential reason why cPanel account does not see the DB is that the cPanel account has not permission to see the DBs created by the root (event if the MySQL user attached to the DB is not root but is also different of the cPanel account).

The solution adopted by JMS is independent of the hosting administration tool (cPanel, plesk , ...).
The behavior that you described is known under cPanel but is not critical as the DB and MySQL user are correct.
This is just the cPanel account that does not list the DB that looks to be pertain to the cPanel account but are not really attached to the account (hidden).
edwin2win
graph

Re: Why can't I see Slave DB in cPanel? 8 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 0
Thank You!
jimgrove
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla