English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Slave site extension tracking in JMS
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Slave site extension tracking in JMS
Slave site extension tracking in JMS 8 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Is there a way to tell from within JMS (or anywhere else) which slave sites are using the extensions installed in the master site?

That would be a great feature so that we can see in one place which sites would need to be updated when a specific extension update (with database structure changes) is released.

I'm in the midst of planning a project to create a Fabrik app in my master site which would track extension use in each slave site. If JMS does it already, it would save me some time.

Thanks!
azurelink
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Slave site extension tracking in JMS 8 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
Currently, such kind of thing can be saw via the JMS Maintenance menu that is able to scan all the websites on all the extensions.
With the button in top right, you can filter all the extension or just those who have DB structure issues.

It does not provide the info for a single extension but for all the extensions.
A basic browser search may help you identifying the website that use them.

I notice that a filtering on the component could be an enhancment for this JMS maintenance menu.
The JMS maintenance does not scan the module and plugins as in general they does not contain specific MySQL tables.
The first objective of the JMS Maintenance is to verify the DB structure of all the websites according to the MySQL installation script of Master DB structure.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Slave site extension tracking in JMS 4 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
edwin2win wrote:
A basic browser search may help you identifying the website that use them.

I notice that a filtering on the component could be an enhancment for this JMS maintenance menu.

By "basic browser search" do you mean to enter an extension name in the slave's admin area? Please provide an example?

Any update on the second part of the quote, above?

My main goal is to somehow eliminate the very tedious process of copying the Extensions/Manage list and pasting them into a spreadsheet for every slave site so that I can compare them with the Master spreadsheet to make sure they are the same.

I'd like one table with the left heading column being the list of slave sites, and the top header row being the extension names. Each cell would indicate whether the site uses the extension with a Y for "Yes" or N for "No".

Or maybe it would be three separate tables, Components, Modules, Plugins.

Just brainstorming a bit here.
azurelink
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Slave site extension tracking in JMS 4 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
In JMS Maintenance menu, when you enter in the search filter (top left) a name that start with "com_" like com_multisites, com_hikashop, ... (or any other extensions) then in this case, the JMS Maintenance restrict the scanning to this specific extension.
So that, you can easily find all the websites that are using this extension name.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla