English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Domain mirroring within the JMS Multisite environm
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Domain mirroring within the JMS Multisite environm
Domain mirroring within the JMS Multisite environm 6 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin --

I have an interesting problem.
I have a new domain: outsidedomain.com
on our VPS server which I want to mirror the content of one of our JMS slave sites: slave1.com

I've parked outsidedomain.com on top of slave1.masteracount.com in WHM.

It displays the content of the slave1.com site, but it also changes the URL to the slave1.com domain name.

I would like it to stay as www.outsidedomain.com.

How do I make this work.

Btw, I put a blank test.html file into the slave1.com public_html diretory and it does display correctly with the outsidedomain.com in the URL.

Thanks.
azurelink
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Domain mirroring within the JMS Multisite environm 6 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
Parked domain in WHM, consist in creating an alias on the "/public_html".
If you have created a slave site "slave1.masteraccount.com" that follow are recommendation then this slave site is located in /domains/masteraccount.com/subdomains/slave1/public_html.

Therefore the usage of the WHM Alias will fails as the document is wrong.
You probably have to create an AddOn domains that provide the same "document root" as the "slave1.masterdomain.com".
So that both the outsidedomain.com AND the slave1.masterdomain.com will point to the same place.

In addition of that, when the WHM (mean apache) is pointing to the correct "document root" then you can update you JMS manage / site definition to update the existing Site ID to add the additional outsidedomain.com as synonym of the "slave1.masterdomain.com".

Also becareful in the case where you would have enable the "redirect to first domain" flag because in this case, the "outsidedomain.com" will be redirected to the first one.
So if the flag is enabled and if you still want to have "partial" redirection then you will have to create a custom ".htaccess" to create the specific redirection rule.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla