English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

New version for joomla 3.8.10
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: New version for joomla 3.8.10
New version for joomla 3.8.10 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Dear Friend,
When you will release a version with patches for Joomla 3.8.10. There many things that is more easy to fix on the upgrade with maintenance tool (like update the Joomla version for many slaves sites...)
webuc
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New version for joomla 3.8.10 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
Which version of JMS do you use ?
I have installed the JMS 1.3.73 under J3.8.10 and I didn't encountered any problem to install JMS and the patches.
Can you be more precise on the issues that you encounter.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2018/07/04 10:33 By edwin2win.

Re: New version for joomla 3.8.10 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Sure
When I update to joomla 3.8.10 I need to fix database from slave sites but when I fix with JMS it doesn't fix Joola version on slave sites I must enter slave by slave to update manually
webuc
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: New version for joomla 3.8.10 5 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
In fact the update/upgrade of Joomla needs more than a simple click as joomla also warn you with a notice.
As explained in user manual chapter 8, you need to distinguish
- update (bug fix) - only PHP code is modified and DB structure is unchanged. In this case, you can perform the update of the master only

- upGrade add new functionalities and DB Structure is modified but compatible with previous version. In this case, you have to perform the upGrade in each slave site.
Unfortunately, the Joomla extension / database => fix Button does NOT perform the upGrade. The upGrade is only perform by the last step of the "Joomla Update" action.
You can call this Joomla update by calling the administrator/index.php?option=com_joomlaupdate&view=update&layout=finaliseconfirm

At the difference of the Database => Fix, this operation process ALL the statement including the "INSERT", "UPDATE" of record that are now required starting with J3.6.x

So the operation is to call this special "finaliseconfirm" and after execute the Extension Manager / Database => Fix
in each slave site.

This operation can ONLY be done once you have update/upGrade all the extensions before joomla itself.

The JMS Maintenance helps you identifying the DB Structure modification and therefore determine if you are in face of an update or upGrade to know which action must be executed.

Concerning the extension, this is more complex because the procedure to perform an upGrade is extension dependent.
Some extension like Hikashop have a button to check their DB structure and apply the modification.

We have initiated several internal prototype (Research/Development) to try improving the upGrade but we don't have anything that we can publish.
We didn't fixed any internal deadline.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla