English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Restore J3.8 Backup, Error on Multisite Maintenanc
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Restore J3.8 Backup, Error on Multisite Maintenanc
Restore J3.8 Backup, Error on Multisite Maintenanc 4 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,
I am hoping you can provide some guidance to help us correct some site issues after an Accidental upgrade to J3.9.13 which caused compatibility errors with JMS Multisite and User Import.

Our Current Configuration
phpversion: 7.2.24
dbversion: 5.6.40-84
host: siteground, shared servers

JMS Multisite V1.3.73 - FULL
User import V1.4.00
Multi Sites Content / JMS Article Sharing V1.3.15
Docman 3.2.4
ACYMailing 5.6.1
joomla - performed restore from server backup so we are back to J3.8.10 (with some issues)

We are running a JMS configuration with one master site with its own db, 2 templates replicating about 50 slave sites split over 2 db's.

Here is my Apollo procedure list...
After the upgrade from J3.8.10 to J3.9.13 (we are unsure on how or on which site, the master or a slave this occurred) we received the following errors:

JMS User Import screen displayed errors
JMS Multisite screen displayed errors
I did not document the errors and I am unaware if other system error occurred because I didn't investigate.

I performed a restore from our server backup taken a few days earlier, rolled j version back to J3.8.10

I investigated the restore and noticed the following:
Master site db errors (these were apparent on the slave sites as well)
Error
Table 'xxxx.#__privacy_consents' doesn't exist
Table 'xxxx.#__action_logs' doesn't exist
Table 'xxxx.#__privacy_requests' doesn't exist

Database schema version (3.8.9-2018-06-19) does not match CMS version (3.9.10-2019-07-09).
Table 'master_privacy_requests' does not exist. (From file 3.9.0-2018-05-02.sql.)
Table 'master_action_logs' does not exist. (From file 3.9.0-2018-05-05.sql.)
Table 'master_action_logs_extensions' does not exist. (From file 3.9.0-2018-05-05.sql.)
Table 'master_action_log_config' does not exist. (From file 3.9.0-2018-05-05.sql.)
Table 'master_privacy_consents' does not exist. (From file 3.9.0-2018-05-24.sql.)
Table 'master_content' does not have column 'note'. (From file 3.9.0-2018-06-02.sql.)
Table 'master_privacy_consents' does not have column 'state'. (From file 3.9.0-2018-08-12.sql.)
Table 'master_session' has the wrong type or attributes for column 'session_id' with type varbinary(192). (From file 3.9.0-2018-08-28.sql.)
Table 'master_session' has the wrong type or attributes for column 'guest' with type tinyint(3) unsigned. (From file 3.9.0-2018-08-28.sql.)
Table 'master_session' has the wrong type or attributes for column 'time' with type int(11). (From file 3.9.0-2018-08-28.sql.)
Table 'master_action_logs_users' does not exist. (From file 3.9.0-2018-09-04.sql.)
Table 'master_action_logs' does not have index 'idx_user_id'. (From file 3.9.0-2018-10-15.sql.)
Table 'master_action_logs' does not have index 'idx_user_id_logdate'. (From file 3.9.0-2018-10-15.sql.)
Table 'master_action_logs' does not have index 'idx_user_id_extension'. (From file 3.9.0-2018-10-15.sql.)
Table 'master_action_logs' does not have index 'idx_extension_item_id'. (From file 3.9.0-2018-10-15.sql.)
Table 'master_privacy_requests' should not have index 'idx_checkout'. (From file 3.9.0-2018-10-20.sql.)
Table 'master_privacy_requests' should not have column 'checked_out'. (From file 3.9.0-2018-10-20.sql.)
Table 'master_privacy_requests' should not have column 'checked_out_time'. (From file 3.9.0-2018-10-20.sql.)
Table 'master_session' does not have index 'client_id_guest'. (From file 3.9.7-2019-04-23.sql.)
Table 'master_template_styles' should not have index 'idx_home'. (From file 3.9.8-2019-06-15.sql.)
Table 'master_template_styles' does not have index 'idx_client_id'. (From file 3.9.8-2019-06-15.sql.)
Table 'master_template_styles' does not have index 'idx_client_id_home'. (From file 3.9.8-2019-06-15.sql.)

Ran joomla db Fix (Extensions/Manage/Database, click Fix)
One database problem remained

Table 'master_session' has the wrong type or attributes for column 'session_id' with type varchar(191). (From file 3.5.0-2015-07-01.sql.)

Ran Fix a second time problem changed to:

Table 'master_session' has the wrong type or attributes for column 'session_id' with type varbinary(192). (From file 3.9.0-2018-08-28.sql.)

Ran Fix a third time and displayed varchar (191) - Appears to loop - varchar (191) / varbinary(192)

Joomla displayed this db summary:

• Database schema version (in #__schemas): 3.9.10-2019-07-09.
• Update version (in #__extensions): 3.8.10.
• Database driver: mysqli.
• 172 database changes were checked.
• 211 database changes did not alter table structure and were skipped.

I checked the master and slave db using myPHPadmin, the Table structure for session_id appears as 'varchar (191)', and did not change/loop like the db Fix message did.

I checked the site further and found the following:

-JMS Maintenance screen displayed - Fatal error: Class JDatabaseDriverPgsql contains 1 abstract method and must therefore be declared abstract or implement the remaining methods (JDatabaseDriver::getVersion) in /home/bcstrata/domains/strataproperty.net/subdomains/master/public_html/libraries/joomla/database/driver/pgsql.php on line 0

-Joomla Global configuration displays with – no template styles, just a text list.

I thought maybe I messed up, missed something so I ran a second restore Full Account Backup on the master site, taken at an earlier date than the first restore.
Received the same db errors
Cleared the Joomla cache
Ran the Joomla db Fix
Received the same db, Maintenance and Global config problems as the first time.

I'm not sure what to do next?

Here is where I ask for your help, I would be most grateful if you had some advice.
How should I proceed?
Is there a particular order, a best practice to tackle these multiple issues?
I have limited knowledge (so I'm guessing) but believe some residual files (possible .sql file) from the upgrade are preventing the database fix, which is causing the Multisite, the Multisite Maintenance Fatal Error, as well the incorrect display of the Global configuration.

Maybe it's better to follow through with the J 3.9.x upgrade, I'm concerned JMS components compatibility, I saw that the newest version of Multisite is compatible with J3.9.x, but I could not find a forum mention on the J3.9.x and article share/user import compatibility.

Any direction/advise would be greatly appreciated.

I found only one post with similar db issue after a J3.9.x upgrade
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=966803
Recommends a new Joomla install then move the database over to new install, possibly due to improper upgrade or incomplete upgrade. Not sure how easy this is with JMS Multisite?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
saints
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2019/12/21 08:21 By saints.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Restore J3.8 Backup, Error on Multisite Maintenanc 4 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
The issue that you are reported seems to be due to inconsistencies between the DB and the PHP code installed.

When you perform the Joomla upgrage, the progress bar correspond to the download of a Zip file and after to its "uncompress" or "unzip".

When this task is finished, the Joomla update redirect on a link that process the update or upgrade of the DB structure.

This is where you have a problem because the Joomla => Database fix does NOT process all the changes required by an upgrade.

This is the reason why you can find in this forum that we have said that when you proceed with the upGrade of the master, you also have to execute the "redirection link" on each slave sites to let joomla "finalize" update proceed with the DB structure modification.

The link to execute in each slave is
administrator/index.php?option=com_joomlaupdate&view=update&layout=finaliseconfirm

When are have shared table content, you may have an error when the "finalize" arrives to the shared tables.
After the "finalize" you can execute the Joomla Database fix.

The DB error that you have is due to the fact that when you have restored the environment, you didn't restored from an empty directory and that it remains in the restored environment some files installed by J3.9

This is the "Fatal error: Class JDatabaseDriverPgsql"
and also the missing tables that let me suppose that you have for example a plugin coming from J3.9 that is still present after your restore.

Table 'bcstrata_trunk3.#__privacy_consents' doesn't exist
Table 'bcstrata_trunk3.#__action_logs' doesn't exist
Table 'bcstrata_trunk3.#__privacy_requests' doesn't exist

The upgrade procedure is theorically something like.
- Install the latest JMS version 1.3.76
- Joomla Upgrade on the master.
- Joomla database fix on the master
- Delete the /installation directory that was a J3.8
- JMS check patches to re-install

- Login as administrator in each slave site and execute the link
index.php?option=com_joomlaupdate&view=update&layout=finaliseconfirm
Redo the "database fix" in the slave.

When you have finished, verify in the master and the JMS Maintenance menu the potential DB structure error and analyse each of them to see if this is a real error or a false error reported by JMS.
JMS can report for example false error when there are duplicated records in a MySQL file and only one record in the DB.

I hope this will help you
edwin2win
graph

Re: Restore J3.8 Backup, Error on Multisite Maintenanc 4 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks so much, so appreciate your detailed reply. I'll post my results.
saints
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla