English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Install j1.6 modules DB Error: Unknown column 'pac
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Install j1.6 modules DB Error: Unknown column 'pac
Install j1.6 modules DB Error: Unknown column 'pac 6 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Trying to install a Module on slaves using the Tools but I am getting:

Install j1.6 modules DB Error: Unknown column 'package_id' in 'field list'

What may be the cause?

And also what's wrong with the forum? - pagination doesn't work and older posts show no content - just blank threads posts.
tcclearning
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Install j1.6 modules DB Error: Unknown column 'pac 6 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 54
When you install a module with the JMS Tools menu, depending on the selection that you did (install from master or install from template), this consists in copying the definition of the extension present in either the master or template into the slave site selected.

In technical words, this means that the records corresponding to the module present in the table #__extensions of the master (or template) is copied into the slave site.

The error message reports that the 'package_id' does NOT exists in the slave site.
This field has been added by joomla in version 3.7.
Therefore, I suspect that you didn't fixed the DB structure of the slave site after an upGrade of your master.

To fix the DB structure of the slave site, go in the back-end of the slave and go in extensions manager / database.
Depending on the version that you see, do the action
If current version is < 3.5 then try using the 'finalise' joomla update into the slave site.

/index.php?option=com_joomlaupdate&view=update&layout=finaliseconfirm&tmpl=components

After do the extensions manager / database => Fix button.

This should fix the DB structure of the slave site and should allow you installing the module from the JMS Tools.

Concerning the forum pagination, can you give me a link to let me check.
A blank page is generally the symptom of a PHP Fatal error but I don't find any fatal error in my log concerning the forum.
So more detail could be helpful. Thank you
edwin2win
graph

Re: Install j1.6 modules DB Error: Unknown column 'pac 6 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi- thanks for the quick response.

I guess your suggestions will solve my issues with installing the module via JMS tools.

For the forum, with blank I didn't mean a complete blank page (fatal error), rather than the posts look empty in some forum threads and the navigation seems broken in some other forum sections:

Examples:

Empty posts
www.jms2win.com/forum/17-general-questio...e-that-i-uninstalled
www.jms2win.com/en/forum/31-bugs-errors-...les-menu-error-query

Pagination:
www.jms2win.com/en/forum/31-bugs-errors-reporting - if you click to go to page #2, or later, then there is nothing there and no Page numbers anymore.

Regards,
John
tcclearning
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Install j1.6 modules DB Error: Unknown column 'pac 6 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 54
Thank you for the additional info.
This is helpful.
I will try debugging it on my PC to understand what is happen.
Have a good day
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla