English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Articles sharing component not working
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Articles sharing component not working
Articles sharing component not working 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 1
I have tried for a few hours to use the Articles Sharing component (Multi Site Content) to publish blog section content from the master site to 2 slave sites. I am not able to submit the file with screen shots as the file is too large. (I will be sending an email with the file attached). So, I will try to describe my problem.

When I try to create a new "Multi site content" menu, for example, "Muti Sites Section Blog Layout" and choose the site in the dropdown "Site" I get the following error (click on thumbnail to see full-sized image):

This is the case for all of the menu types except "Multi Sites Articles Layout". In this case, I get no error when I choose the site, and I am able to select an article from the master site. When I choose this link, however, from the slave site (in this case site 1), I get the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class ContentHelperRoute in /var/www/jmsmultisite/components/com_content/helpers/route.php on line 30.

I noticed that the desired section was visible in the Section dropdown when I choose the Multi Sites Section Blog Layout (was able to see the contents of the list if I did not choose from the Site dropdown first). When I saved the menu item in this manner - without the site selected - I got the same error message when I chose the menu from the slave site (site 1), that is:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class ContentHelperRoute in /var/www/jmsmultisite/components/com_content/helpers/route.php on line 30.

I decided to purchase JMS Multi Sites only because it was supposed to work with the Multi content component. My client requires that certain common content be included on 50+ sites. Therefore, I really hope I can get some help as soon as possible to solve this problem.

NOTE: My Joomla installation is version 1.5.9, as users are strongly encouraged to upgrade to 1.5.9, which is a security upgrade. See this link. I purchased and installed Multi Sites Content version 1.0.1 on Sunday, January 11th. I purchased and installed Multi Sites 1.1.12. I have installed a master site in one db with prefix "jmsmaster_" and 2 slave site (site1 and site2) in a separate db with prefixes "jms_site1" and "jms_site2". I have not conducted extensive tests, but it seems that the sites are working ok. I have only installed the Multi sites and Multi sites content components.
droald
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2009/01/11 23:19 By droald.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Articles sharing component not working 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 1
I have received several replies by email from Edwin, and he solved one of the problems and sent me a new version of Articles Sharing. I have just completed my testing and the first problem (311 error) is solved! Edwin also has a solution to the "Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class ContentHelperRoute in /var/www/jmsmultisite/components/com_content/helpers/route.php on line 30." problem which arises when the "Flash News" module is used on the front page (also with Search, most read articles, etc.). He will be publishing a new JMS patch for Joomla articles to solve this problem.

I must say that I am extremely pleased with the assistance and service that I have received!

Diana
droald
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Articles sharing component not working 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
Problem solved into Article Sharing version 1.0.2 + the JMS Patch Definition version 1.1.5
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla