English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Database Problem
Database Problem 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
HEllo,
I am trying to create a slave website in the same database of master database,,for master website i m using master_ prefix for tables,,i have created proper maping in the template area for slave website.
The slave website is creating and showing with u62xxx prefix in the config file of joomla,,,but unfortunately it is showing the same master_ prefix in the global configuration area,,so when as i am trying to change the the theme of slave ,,,it's affecting the master site,
Even i tried to change the DB prefix from slave website admin panel,it's strange that the master site is changing accordingly,
Please help,
Thank you very much,
djmmmiller
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Database Problem 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
When you are in what you expect to be the slave site and that you have a look in the globale configuratoin that show you the master website, you have correctly identified that this is not correct.

One of the reason is that you have not defined in the slave site both www.domain.com and domain.com
When you enter a domain that is not in the list, JMS automatically display the master website.

So you have to check that you have spelled the domain in the slave site definition.
The most frequent reason is that person forget to define a domain with and wihout the www.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Database Problem 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
No lucks,
It's 3rd day i am trying to configure,,,the sites are creating underneath multisites,,the configuration.php is showing the correct information for a particular sites,,but when going to administrator panel it's using the master database,
I am getting frustrated coz i told my client to buy this component,i have used multisite component for joomla 1.0 before,it sud not behave in this way,,my client is bugging me too much,i am ready to expend some buks for these if needed,please reply asap,
Suvendu
djmmmiller
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I am not the creation of the JMS for joomla 1.0.
I have developped my own solution for Joomla 1.5

Concerning your problem, you may perhaps to check the field live_sites in the configuration.php file that must be empty.
If it is not empty in the slave configuration, this may force the login to the URL specified in this field.

So check that you have that in the configuration.php
var $live_site = '';
edwin2win
graph

Re:Database Problem 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
live site is blank,,,again i m making things clearer,
All the multisites have their unique configuration.php,,so they should follow it,then why they are following master site configuration?why not they are following their own config?can you please take a look,we have hostgator dedicated LINUX server here,
Thank you,
djmmmiller
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

In Joomla 1.5, it may also follow the $live_site when present.

So it follow the master website when the domain is not correct or when you had an error when saving the slave site. In this case, the salve could be not be present in the master index of JMS.
To check this hypothesis, open and resave any slave site or simply create a fake slave sites that will result by a resave of all the master index

Otherwise, if you want that I have a look directly on your server, this is also possible with billable support.
You can order such support on www.jms2win.com/download?page=shop.produ...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla