English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Slave site same template as master
Slave site same template as master 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi There,

I have the slave site working. It is doing a fresh installation of Joomla, however I want it to be an exact copy of the master site.

Can you tell me what settings I need to set to make the slave have the same theme/template as the master site?

The other thing that is happening is that the components installed on the master are not being copied through to the slave either. What can I do about that?

Thanks
Nica521
Nica521
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Slave site same template as master 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
To replicate the master website, you have to defined at least on "website template".
In the "website template", you can define the rule to replicate the master website.
Once a "website template" is defined, this will give you in "site manager" an additional combo box that will allow selecting the "website template" and also select the master wesbite.
This will give you to either use the "website template" for the replication or the master website.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Slave site same template as master 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi edwin2win

Thanks for your reply.

I think I have done what you suggested, however it not working in that the template is not being transfered.

Just to recap, I am trying to setup so that slave is an exact copy of the master; so master.com is identical to slave.com. Each salve is to have its own db.

Is it possible to post a screen shot of how to set up the website template and the site manager.

Thanks
Nica521
Nica521
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Slave site same template as master 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
There is a video that is close of what you are looking for.
This is the tutorial step 13 video that show how to create a website template to replicate and existing website. In the video, it was shown the tpl_master01 but in the website template you can select the master.
Here it is the direct link to the video that show how to create a "website template"
www.jms2win.com/media/joomla_multisites/...03_template.swf.html
edwin2win
graph

Hi There,

I am having problems viewing the tutorials. It gets about 1 - 2 mins before the visual freezes, the audio continues, and the browser ultimately crashes. I have upgraded my flash, and also tried to view it in IE7, Google Chrome, Safari and Firefox. All browsers eventually crash.

Can you please post these tutorials to Youtube, etc? Apart from being stable, it will give you the back links for SE.

Thanks
Nica521
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Hi There..I managed to get it working on an XP machine. Possibly a problem is VISTA??
Nica521
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla