English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

User sharing in 1.1? Or upgrade to 1.2?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: User sharing in 1.1? Or upgrade to 1.2?
User sharing in 1.1? Or upgrade to 1.2? 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin

Thanks for the tip the other day re: symbolic links - I thought I had made them all create folders, but alas not the templates directory - in fact I'm not sure it would let me for some reason. Also sorry for not reading the manual (in depth anyway, I did get the gist), I haven't got time to sleep at the moment let alone anything else, so busy! Anyhow, I simply renamed the symbolic links 'tempateszzz' and extracted a zip of the master 'templates' directory in its place. Now it works great!

One thing I forgot to look at was USER SHARING. I have a feeling this will bite me in the ass.

I now have 1 master and 12 subsites all completed, but all with independent logins, not ideal. Is it possible to amend this in 1.1 on my sites without losing my data, or do I have to buy 1.2? Not an issue if I do, I just need to go live with this site in the next few days (you already sent me a voucher thanks for that).

Finally, bet you're gonna tell me I need to start again with all 12 sites, aren't you!

Thx in advance.

John
johnlewisdesign
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:User sharing in 1.1? Or upgrade to 1.2? 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
Normally, it is not possible to convert an existing website having specific independent user into a user sharing.

The only case that I imagine is the one where the users does not exists yet in the sub-diste (or only the administrator).
The operation would consists (but must be tested) in deleting the existing Joomla user tables and sessions to allow JMS share them with an existing website.
This is dangerous and not easy but this could be possible when there is no users in the sub-site (except the admin user or very few that could be recreated)
edwin2win
graph

Re:User sharing in 1.1? Or upgrade to 1.2? 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi

My slaves have no users, main site only has 5 as its under development.

I do however have jFusion installed to bridge my master with PHPBB3, so wondered if there's a single sign on for JMS? The sites all uses the 1 database with different prefixes.

I only need one registration point.

Can I use 1.2 for this, or even jFusion?

Thanks in advance.

John
johnlewisdesign
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:User sharing in 1.1? Or upgrade to 1.2? 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
Today, JFusion is defined in JMS 1.2.x Tools for the installation only.
It is not defined for the sharing.
Concerning PHPBB3, I have already posted answers concerning this indepedent product as it is not part of Joomla.

As I have already say, this PHPBB3 use its own table prefix for the forum.
So if you want to use separated forum for different website, you must use different DBs.

In your case, if you share the same DBs, this mean that you will have a single PHPBB3 for all the website.
The potential problem that you may encounter is related to the syncrhonisation of the users between PHPBB3 and the different website.
If you use the JMS 1.2 user sharing, maybe (not guarantee) that it could help you have a correct synchronisation.
edwin2win
graph

Re:User sharing in 1.1? Or upgrade to 1.2? 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Would it be possible for someone to explain the best way to use jFusion and Multisites?

I have 5 sub.domains on one DB. Users are only added manually (can't register themselves) to each subdomain.
Not all subdomains have same users, only some.
I need UserA to have single log-in to subA, subC but not the others.

How do I configure/share jFusion in Multi-sites to do this?

Thanks
marq
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla