English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: installation problems
installation problems 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
I'm going through set up process. Downloaded, installed, installed plugins... all OK. I am planning to have separate databases for each site. Created a slave site called "he" and was then prompted to joomla database configuration procedure. Now getting error "Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL"

I have been following manual but confused about screen shots. Are screenshots in manual for separate databases? Manual says Database name should be "multisites" not "he"? If I'm not sharing a database, do I still need to change prefix from "jos_"?

Sorry if questions aren't all related, just don't want to make a costly mistake with something I don't fully understand yet. Any help is appreciated.
ccaron
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:installation problems 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
When you have an error message "Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL" during the Joomla Installation, this probably mean that you probably have provided wrong parameters in the Joomla Installation "configuration" panel.
Check the DB host name, db name, user name, password.

There are video in tutorial that show the installation of a slave site in which you have to specify the DB Connection and that highlight the point relative to the table prefix.

www.jms2win.com/media/joomla_multisites/...omlaInstall.swf.html
or
www.jms2win.com/media/joomla_multisites/..._tpl_master.swf.html

Remark: some hosting provider have sometime a specific interface to create the database and get the user name and password that have to be used during your Joomla Installation.
edwin2win
graph

Re:installation problems 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
thanks, i will review these tuturials
ccaron
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:installation problems 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello there.

I'm having exactly the same problem as the person above. I've double-checked all the credentials but I still get "Could not connect to the database. Connector returned number: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL" when I try to install the first slave.

The slave site is on a sub-domain which is pointing at the same folder as the master Jooma installation.

I wish to use only one database so am entering the credentials of the database that was created when I installed the Joomla master.

Any other ideas?

FYI: I used simplescripts/cPanel to install the master instance of Joomla.

Thanks

Andrew
AndrewOrange
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:installation problems 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
As I have already posted, this error message is an error message returned by Joomla itself (not JMS) when it is not able to connect on a DB.

As you want to create the slave site into the same DB than your master website, you have to check that you provide the correct host, db, user login, password and the most import an different table prefix for the slave site.

If you don't arrive to create a fresh slave site like in tutorial step 9, you can try replicating the master website to create a new slave site. This will use the DB conection parameter for you and you will just to specify a new table prefix.
To replicate the master website, you have to create a JMS template like explained in tutorial step 13 or step 15. The difference with those step is that you will have to select the master website rather than a fresh slave site.

So check again the DB parameters that you provide to Joomla installation. You are doing an error in at least one parameter.
edwin2win
graph

Re:installation problems 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi

I had the same problem and i've just changed the name of user and works fine. Before i put the same name in database and username i don't know why but i think this is the problem.

Bruno
ee01245
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla