English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Slave site not working on separate DB installation
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Slave site not working on separate DB installation
Slave site not working on separate DB installation 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
I have worked through the installation process on a Joomla 1.5.9 site and JMS 1.1.13 and have the site url redirecting to the /multisites/url. The multisites/url is mapped to the master database. When I enter the url into my Firefox browser I get the listing as follows:

Index of /

* CHANGELOG.php#
* COPYRIGHT.php
* CREDITS.php
* INSTALL.php

etc.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
wmnorth
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Slave site not working on separate DB installation 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
If you see the list of files, this probably means that you have problem in your apache configuration or IIS configuration that does not interpret the PHP files.

Check also your hosting server because you say "redirect url".
With JMS, you can not use redirect because if you use redirect, this mean that when the request arrive to JMS, the url is modified and JMS can not know which website was requested.

So perhaps you have to also review this part.
See also tutorial that could help you in the configuration of your hosting server.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Slave site not working on separate DB installation 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Thank you for the response. In actual fact JMS and the multisites folder was working perfectly and it was replicating what was happening in the master site, which was not configured correctly. Once I corrected that, JMS worked.

I realize it is important in JMS to get the addon site correctly mapped before trying to replicate a slave site so that the symbolic links work. Hard lesson but making headway and JMS is working well for me
wmnorth
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla