English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Media & Image folder
Media & Image folder 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
The configuration of my manually created slave site is:

Master Site Directory:

/home/joomla/joomla_1.5.9

Deployed directory:

/home/joomla/web06

at the Global Configuration of the Slave Site administration:

I can config:

1) path to log folder: /home/joomla/web06/logs;

2) path to tmp-folder: /home/joomla/web06/tmp

However, I'm not able to change the Image & Media folder to the deployed directory , they are fixed at images & images/stories, When I check the Media Manager, the media folder is actually at : /home/joomla/joomla_1.5.9/images

It seems the system does not allow me to change the image and media folder out of the master directory : /home/joomla/joomla_1.5.9

What should I do to bring the media and images folder back to the deployed directory?

Many thanks.

Seth
KingoftheRoad
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Media & Image folder 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
First ensure that you are using the JMS 1.1.17 that fix a problem in the administration to allow using the deployed directory for the administration instead of the master directory.
This version allow tools like the media manager to access the deployed directory.
With previous JMS version (<1.1.17) the access to the deployed directory is only available from the front-end (not the back-end).
Go to www.jms2win.com/get-latest-version to receive a new download ID corresponding to the latest version of JMS.

Second, when you create the slave site in JMS and that you specify the image and media folder, this result by updating the new website DB by a modification of the Global Configuration / Server / Media settings.
This also result by a copy of the image & media folder into the new path specified.

When nothing is specified, JMS creates a Symbolic Link in the deploy directory.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/03/17 18:27 By edwin2win.

Re:Media & Image folder 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Thank you. I downloaded the latest version and it works.

I see we can specify the image and media folder setting in "Website template Details"->"Folders & Files".

However, if I create the slave site manually, not from a website template, I cannot find any such setting on the "Site Details" page.

Did I miss anything?
KingoftheRoad
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Media & Image folder 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
This is only available when you select a website template or when you give a new table prefix to create the new slave site DB (without using the fresh Joomla Installation).
I remember you that those parameters are saved into the DB and is accessible from Global Configuration.
If there is no replication, JMS does not provide you those parameters as it can not save them during the website creation (no DB present - no table prefix).
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla