English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

After slave insall - prompts to install again...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: After slave insall - prompts to install again...
After slave insall - prompts to install again... 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Obviously the config file is not being saved. I'm not sure where it's suppose to even be saved.

The master is setup on www.incommonmedia.com - the installation of JMS went fine. Then I go to Manage sites and create a slave domain name - log into Plesk and create an alias for it on the master domain name - then I go to the installation and go through all the steps. Then when I go to the ACP or Site - it prompts me to install again... vicious cycle.

What am I doing wrong?
thatcomputerdude
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:After slave insall - prompts to install again... 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
It loops because the "configuration.php" is probably not written by the Joomla Installation.
A potential reason is a permission problem.

You also have to check if at the end of the installation, Jommla does not prompt you that it has a problem to save the configuration.
Sometimes, Joomla prompt the configuration data into a text area that must be written manually into the "configuration.php" files that is located into the /multisites/xxxx where xxxx is the site ID.

Perhaps you will have to use the FTP Configuration parameter to grant Joomla with more permissions. See tutorial step 15 that show how to setup the FTP Layer.
edwin2win
graph

Re:After slave insall - prompts to install again... 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
it was the FTP layer configuration - was pointing to the default httpdocs directory and not the multisites directory for this slave site.
thatcomputerdude
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2009/03/23 16:28 By thatcomputerdude.Reason: fixed

Re:After slave insall - prompts to install again... 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Ok it was the FTP layer that wasn't configured properly.

Next problem:

www.buggycountry.com/

As soon as the page loads you'll see the problem.
thatcomputerdude
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

and all I needed to do was set the default template.

How come none of the extensions installed on the master site shows up on the slave sites?
thatcomputerdude
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:After slave insall - prompts to install again... 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
When you create a fresh Joomla, you receive a new DB "empty" without any extension installed. You have to re-install the extension with exactly the same version than the one previously installed on the master website.
To avoid re-installation of the extension, JMS provide the possibilty to replicate a website.
You can define the website replication rules in the "Website template".
Once you have defined the rules, you can later use this "Website template" to create new website and this will also replicate all the content of the website given in template.
Therefore all the pre-installed extension will also be replicated.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla