English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Help to Configure Joomla Multisites Component
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Help to Configure Joomla Multisites Component
Help to Configure Joomla Multisites Component 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Hi All,
Can any body help me to configure JMS 1.1x newly ? I am using Wamp server on windows envoirnement and i have Joomla 1.5 installed. i have installed Joomla multisites component version 1.1x succesfully now i need further help to configure master and slave site. Please help from initial step after installation of this component. i am confusing to create symbolic link and then manage slave site etc. what should next step after installation of component.?

I am waiting for your favourable reply
Thanks
fahd704
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Help to Configure Joomla Multisites Component 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
Why don't you have a look to the video present in the tutorial
www.jms2win.com/tutorial
edwin2win
graph

Re:Help to Configure Joomla Multisites Component 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Hi ,
I have looked all the tutorials from there but issue is that i couldn't see "Deploy Site Directory" field in JMS during create a slave site. As tutorial says if symbolic link not present then deploy directory field will not appear. i am just confuse to make symbolic link should i create all these directory symbolic link in my slave site directory ? "component,modules,templates,installation,includes.." if i create all these directory symbolic link in my slave directory then can i see symbolic link allowed message in my JMS settings. ?
Please do clear i will very thankful to you.

thanks
fahd704
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Help to Configure Joomla Multisites Component 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
If the Symbolic Link is forbidden, this means that you can not use this feature and that you have to setup your hosting server is a such way that all domain and sub-domain have the same root path directory.
Review the tutorial step 0 (concept).

Also ensure that Symbolic Link is really forbidden with the usage of "Hello World" procedure.
If both JMS and the "Hello world" replies that this is not present then this means that it will not be available.
If you are runing on a Windows platform, the Symbolic Link is forbidden.
If you are runing on a Unix platform and if you host your own server, you perhaps have to review its configuration to accept the Symbolic Links. You will have to review the Apache setting. In particular the "Option FollowSymLink".

In summary, all the work must be done on your Hosting Server and not in JMS.
You have to assign the same directory to all the domain and sub-domain.
Test the hosting server configuration with the usage of the "Hello World".
When you will be able to have 2 domain or sub-domain that will see the same "hello world" present on your master websites, you will be able to configure JMS with this domain or sub-domain.
I suggest to use the "Hello World" because it uses only the "hello.php" and does not require anything (No need of Joomla, JMS or whatever).
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla