English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: JMS Configuration
JMS Configuration 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
I need help understanding JMS configuration.

1. I would like to create a master/slave configuration using my existing site as the master and a slave site with it's own unique template and layout.

2. I previously created a separate site that I want to incorporate into my slave site but not sure how to configure it.

3. Should I preserve my master site by cloning it to a slave site and begin from there ?

4. JMS is installed and ready for configuration...

Thanks
kentjigga
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: JMS Configuration 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
I suggest that you have a look to the tutorial video 0.d that give you an overview of different possibilities.

1) See also tutorial video CP-05 that show how to create slave site with specific /images and /templates directory. You also have tutorial video 0.b slide 31-34 that show different possibilities.
Full sharing, Full copy and partial sharing of the /templates directory.

2) If this is a domain and that you are using cPanel, go in cPanel addOn and create the domain using a specific document root.
Get inspired of the directory structure that you can find in tutorial video 0.b slide 21-24
In general we recommend a directory structure like "domains/yourdomin.com/public_html"

3) This is a good practice to preserve the master and replicate it into a specific place.
When I am doing a configuration for the customer, this is what I am trying to do when this is possible and later I rebuild a slave into another DB that become the original website.
So you could move your existing website in master.yourdomain.com and later create a slave that restore the www.yourdomain.com
edwin2win
graph

Re:JMS Configuration 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks for the tips....

One more question ?

I have created a new JMS master site and migrated my old site to a "slave website master (football) " based on my original website and database.

I now would like to an create an additional slave that uses the new master slave database(football) with custom coding. Most of the coding is in the components directory. I tried just creating a blank directory and also linking, but I can't get my custom code to work...

Any Ideas ??

Thanks....
kentjigga
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:JMS Configuration 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
If you create your own extension, the simpliest method is to have an install procedure like any extension and to install it in the master.
After that you should be able to re-install the extension in the slave.

Try to bypass the Joomla installation might be more complex and you have to add entries in several table to declare the extension.

So try to create your extension with a specific name and install it as all the extension.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla