English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Setting up a new slave site,
Setting up a new slave site, 15 Years ago Karma: 0
Hello All,

I am new at this so please bare with me.

I have installed the component with no problems, which I thought was a great start. I started by going to create a new site without using a template, this went well. When I went to the UL to continue with the setup I came accross the error; No configuration file found and no installation code available. Exiting... I think the best thing is for me to tell you about the setup, I am testing them on a reference domain, meaning that it looks like this in the url box SERVER IP/DOMAIN/ so this maybe causing a few issues but as I am getting an error like the above, it must be down to the forwarding or the htaccess file.
At present I have the master site sitting at the root and the slave sites will be folders within the master. I have created the folders, so say for instance I want to create 3 sites A, B and C, I have got the folders created corrosponding to them. I am getting stuck on how to forward the folder to the root so that it is able to get the installation folder etc. Could this be because of the SERVER IP at the beginning should I be changing something in one of the files for it to forward correctly?. Or am I being really stupid?... If someone could please help out it would be much appreciated, I have to get this up and running in the next few days.. Oh I am hosted on a RedHat server if that helps any..
NewarkWeb
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Setting up a new slave site, 15 Years ago Karma: 54
Have you installed the JMS patches ?
When you have the error "No configuration file found and no installation code available' as it is written, this is because the 'configuration" file does not exists that is normal when you restart a fresh joomla installation but also when the directory "installation" is not present.

Normally, when the JMS patches are installed, the installation directory must be restored.

When Symbolic Links is allowed, when you deploy the slave site into a specific directory using the Symbolic Link then you should have a link on the "installation" directroy.
Check that the directory is present.
Check also check the permission of the slave sites directory.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Setting up a new slave site, 15 Years ago Karma: 0
All patches are installed, I have changed the chmod on the installation folder and the site folder to 777. I have a felling that it is an issue with the htaccess file, I have tried to change it but I am having a few issues. Could you please advise on how I should set it up correctly. I have multi sites installed in a subdomain, I have the slave site folder within the subdomain which I am unable to get to work. Have you got any examples of how I can set the slave domain in the htaccess. So I have the slave domain mapped to the main domain and then the folder for the slave domain isin a sub domain attached the main domain. If you can understand all that fantastic. Any help would be much ppreciated.
NewarkWeb
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Setting up a new slave site, 15 Years ago Karma: 54
You have nothing to do in htaccess for JMS.
The majour point when using sub-domain or doamin is to configure your hosting server correctly (CPanel, Plesk, Godady, ....)
To check the configuration of the Hosting Server you can use the "Hello World" procedure.
When you are sure that you are able to execute the "hello.php" correctly, you can check the setup of the slave site.
The most easier way to make your first slave site is to use the sub-directory sample as described in the tutorial step 9. This avoid to configure the hosting server that is specific to each hosting server. This is what is explained in the video present in the tutorial step 0.

Follow the tutorial step by step and try to reply to each questions.

Do you use a Unix Platform or Windows or Other ?
Does the Symbolic Link is allowed ?
Which hosting server do you use ?
Does JMS is correctly installed and with all the patches installed ?
If you have Symbolic Link allowed, apply the tutorial step 9 procedure to create your first slave site. This will help you understand the concept and help you to check the permissions.
edwin2win
graph

Hello,

1.I think that we are running on a RED HAT server.
2.Can you please explain what you mean by the symbolic link please, is this in your COM or on my hosting?
3.I am using HEARTINTERNET as my hosting provider.
4.JMS is installed with all patches installed.
5. Can youpleaseexplain what youmean by step 9, I have your manual and looking at it Chapter 9 is for troubleshooting.
The issue that I am having at the present is that when I go to the SLAVE DOMAIN it takes me to direct to the MASTER DOMAIN not the SUB DOMAIN. I will have to get this working with HTACCESS before anything I think.

Thanks
NewarkWeb
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Hello Again

Now I am getting this:
A file permissions error has occurred. Please check the permissions on the script and the directory it is in and try again.
and the url is DOMAIN/installation/index.php,
Could you please advise wht the issue would be.

Thank you very much for your help.
NewarkWeb
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla