English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Caching in slave site
Caching in slave site 15 Years ago Karma: 0
Hi again,

I'm having the following issue:

I created a slave site in dir multisites/slave.nl/ with it's own database. When I turn caching on in the slave site (I don't have caching turned on in the master site) the caching files appear in the /public_html/cache dir, not in the multisites/slave.nl/cache! It's a dir, not a sym link. I checked the config files for multisite and joomla, and the cache dir is set up as multisites/slave.nl/cache everywhere... also in the joomla admin under help -> sys info the cache dir is set up as multisites/slave.nl/cache. Do you have a fix for this issue?

regards.
maxvanessen
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Caching in slave site 15 Years ago Karma: 54
I have made a review of the Joomla code and I have seen that they have used a hardcoded 'cache' directory at many places.
They have assumed that the cache is located in the Site root path + "cache".
Therefore, I suppose that in your case, you have setup you hosting server to have the same path than the master website directory.
If you have the Symbolic Link allowed, I suggest you to deploy the slave site into a specific directory and have the hosting server assigned with this specific directory.
This will give a new site root directory and therefore separated cache.

For the moment, I don't think modify Joomla to fix all those cache usage because they don't have use appropriately their global define JPATH_CACHE
edwin2win
graph

Re:Caching in slave site 15 Years ago Karma: 0
Thanks for checking the code...

So you mean to deploy the slave site in it's own directory like /domains/slave.com/public_html and creating a sym link in the master site directory to this new slave site?
maxvanessen
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2009/04/12 12:19 By maxvanessen.

Re:Caching in slave site 15 Years ago Karma: 54
YES, I think the is the only solution that I can propose for the moment.

This will be in the JMS deploy directory that you will specify the directory like /domains/slave.com/public_html
Let JMS create the Symbolic Link and speicifc index files to allow manage the slave sites correctly.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Caching in slave site 15 Years ago Karma: 0
I tried your solution and it's actually a pretty good setup when you're on a shared host like me. This way I can keep all the functions of a new domain, like email, and use multi sites. Great!
maxvanessen
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla