English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

SOLVED! Error, slave site configuration
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: SOLVED! Error, slave site configuration
Re:Error, slave site configuration & Intstallatio 15 Years ago Karma: 0
Hi edwin2win

Thanks for the response, I have provided the screen shot of the hello.text and hello.php files on my site directory which I believe its the root directory that you are referring. Please correct me if I am not. I have change the both file permission from 644 to 755 but to no avail, hello.text didn't show.

Regarding the CP setup;
1) you are correct about the root file i.e maindomain.com
2) I apologize for the enabling of the forward featured at the time of the screen shot, infact it was disable before I save the setting of the subdomian slave1
3) its /maindomain.com/ is the directory I use on the subdomain (slave1) in accordance with the tutorial that the master directory and subdomains must use the same directory particularly if the Symbolic Links is forbidden.

If its any easier, I'll be more then happy to provide access info if you like.

Thank you so much for the help and looking forward for the response.
lotvot
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2009/04/27 04:23 By lotvot.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Error, slave site configuration & Intstallatio 15 Years ago Karma: 54
If you had followed the tutorial step by step, you would have seen that in tutorial step 6, we say that you have to review the Global Configuration to fix the tmp and log directory in your master website.
This will fix the JMS setting to have the Symbolic Link allowed.

If you want that I configure your server, this is possible with billable support.
You can order such support at
www.jms2win.com/download?page=shop.produ...35&category_id=1

Now that you have installed the Hello World, you can check the CP hosting configuration without Joomla and of course without JMS.
If the configuration is correct, you must be able to execute the "hello.php" from the master website and also with the other domain or sub-domain that you will have defined in you hosting server.
For the moment:
- the master consumerguidereviews.org/hello.php replies.
- the slave onlinebusiness.consumerguidereviews.org/hello.php DOES NOT REPLY.
Review the CP until you will be able to execute the "hello.php"
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/04/25 22:54 By edwin2win.

Hi, edwin2win

I have review the CP and adjusted the slave1.maindomain.com for the hello.php file and now I can see the script.

I did try to install the joomla so I can install the new data base by pointing the browser to slave1.maindomain.com/installation/index.php but its redirect me to the front slave1.masterdomain/index.php

Please advice me on the next steps as I have a hard time follwing the tutorial steps.

Thanks.
lotvot
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2009/04/27 04:24 By lotvot.

Now that the CP seems to be configured correctly to share the same directory than the master website and that it is not configured to forward the URL that could change the domain name, now you have to check that you have correctly spelled the domain name in JMS.

When a domain name is not correctly defined in JMS then the master website is displayed.
Check the domain name of the slave site, check also the status that must be confirmed and ensure that have not received any error message when saving the slave site.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/04/27 01:38 By edwin2win.

Hi edwin2win,

Thank you so much for the help. Everything is working great now. I have misspelled the slave1 on the JMS comp. I do appreciate your support. Keep up the great work.

Just FYI, I have adjusted some of my posts in this thread pertaining to those information that may compromise the security of my site. However I carefully leaving the main points clear which others may find helpful for them as well.

I have marked this post SOLVED as Well.

Best Regards!
lotvot
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

You are welcome.

Perhpas that you have noticed that I have followed the JMS tutorial procedure.
In particular, we have used the "hello world" procedure to help you configure the hosting server without Joomla and JMS.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla