English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Slave site install wipes out JMS extension
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Slave site install wipes out JMS extension
Slave site install wipes out JMS extension 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
I installed a slave site in the same directory as the master site because of Symbolic Link is Forbidden.
First two attempts the Joomla install had an error browser does not accept cookies. (Not the case)
On third try the install worked. However I think the master and slave sites are one in the same. Creating a new article in one also publishes in another.
Also the extension manager for JMS is no longer on either site.
Checking the hello.php on both sites indicate that same current path for both master and slave.
Now, I’m also seeing that Symbolic Link is listed as Present.
One thing I believe I did wrong in installing the slave site was that I allowed the database prefix to remain master_ and not give it another prefix such as slave1_
I deleted the slave domain alias created in Plesk before and after that -when trying to re-install the JMS extension I get JFolder::create: Infinite loop detected
Any thoughts on how I can work past this error?
tcornejo@melbay.com
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Slave site install wipes out JMS extension 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
Several possibilities to your problem.
1) You have create a slave site that use the same DB and the same table prefix than the master website. In this case, you have replaced the master by the new slave site.
This may happen if you have not specified a table prefix and you have kept the "jos_" table prefix.
Based on your explaination, it seems that you have given the "master_" prefix to your slave site. Joomla perform a backup of the tables when they already exisits (it uses bak_).
You can always rename the bak_ into the correct name to recover the tables (if you have not tries to install a new slave and if the bak_ is still valid).

2) You have provided the domain name of the master into a slave site definition.
In this case, as the domain is recognized as a slave site, it displays it as a slave site.
This explain why you don't see the JMS product.

If you see that Symbolic Link is allowed, you have to apply the procedure described in tutorial step 6 (Check the tmp and log permission).

It seems that in your case the you are trying to re-install JMS from a slave site and not from a master website.
A master website is any domain or sub-domain that is mapped (assigned) to the master root directory and that is not defined into JMS.
You can also create a sub-domain in you plesk that will be used as master (ie. master.domain.com). If you assign it to the master website directory, this domain will play the role of master website as it is not yet recognized into JMS. (This suppose that you have not already used this domain name).
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/06/01 18:58 By edwin2win.

Re:Slave site install wipes out JMS extension 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks for you thoughts.
Based on your feedback I may just start from scratch. I didn't have anything that needed to be preserved from the first install.

I went through a number of steps to allow symbolic links and after installing it still said forbidden. Since I did not need to install outside of the master directory I proceeded accordingly. Don't know why all of a sudden it shows Permitted. I'll see what happens on the second time around.

Again thanks,
tcornejo@melbay.com
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Slave site install wipes out JMS extension 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
If symbolic link is sudden allowed, this probably mean that the tmp and log directory has now the appropriate permission or simply that you have changed the path in those tmp and log directory defined in the Global Configuration.

If, as you have described the previous post, you have used a slave site to replace the master website, this probably mean that you have used a new configuration.php files (the one of the slave site) that contain new path for the tmp and log directory. In general the tmp and log path are the one that correspond to the /tmp and /log directory of the website that is created.

I recommend that you check the procedure tutorial step 6 and mainly the tmp and log path and permission.
Also use the "hello world" procedure to know if your hosting provider accept the Symbolic Link. This will help you check the installation of the master and also check the Joomla configuration.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla