English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Problem creating shared user slave site
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Problem creating shared user slave site
Problem creating shared user slave site 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
I have a master site which I would like to duplicate as a slave site. I want jomsocial to carry over all users, so when I am on the slave site it will look like the same community.

When I try and accomplish this with templates I get many errors and can not seem to make it happen.

Can you help. Your video stipulates making a slave site first then duplicating for users...but I want the users from my master site which is already up and running with users.

Help Please
milestonelife
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Problem creating shared user slave site 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
As you don't give any error message, it is difficult to tell the reason.

First we do not recommend to replicate the master website because JMS should not installed in the slave site and when you replicate it, it is also replicated in the slave site (that is not recommended).
This is the reason why in our video we present the case where your main site in a slave site and not the master one.

If you want to replicate the master website to create a slave site, you just have to select it in the JMS templates instead of select the slave site.

You can follow the procedure described in the tutorial video 16 and just replace tpl_master with the master DB.
www.jms2win.com/tutorial#jms12x-16
edwin2win
graph

Re:Problem creating shared user slave site 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
I have tries the tutorial exactly and still get the same error. It will not share the database on saving the new slave_1a.

I have the error report to send you. I want to email it as it has my database info in it.

I can give you access to my backend if you want to look there. I really would like this fixed. I want to use this component.

Were should I email the error list. and let me know if you want my backend access.
milestonelife
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

As I have told you the error "command denied to user" mean that your MySQL does not have enough privilege to share the MySQL user.

You have to increase the privileges of your MySQL user.
I don't know if you are using a hosting provider with cPanel or if you are using your own dedicated server, ....
but if you are not the MySQL administrator, perhaps you have to contact your hosting provider to grant the MySQL user and give you the permission.

This is a case explained in the tutorial video CP-02
www.jms2win.com/tutorial#jms12x-CP-02

If you have a MySQL root user that allow you increase the MySQL user permission, you can perhaps use the PHPMyAdmin interface to increase the permissions.
You have to provide the "CREATE VIEW and SHOW VIEW" permission to the MySQL user
edwin2win
graph

Re:Problem creating shared user slave site 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
I also cannot get users to be shared.

I have tried using both the user set up for the slave database and the root mysql user with the same problem.

On the new slave, after installation, admin is the only user in the user manager.

Any thoughts?
IEDadmin1
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

If you can confirm that you have the error message ""command denied to user" this is definitivelly an error with your MySQL user privileges.

You have to check that you have all the privileges.
If you are using cPanel, you will find at many places in the forum that cPanel has a bug that require to contact your hosting provider to increase the user permission manually (outsite cPanel).
Contact your database administrator to increase the MySQL user privileges.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/10/19 23:29 By edwin2win.

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla