English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

I am about to give up and ask for my money back!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: I am about to give up and ask for my money back!
I am about to give up and ask for my money back! 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
I am so lost, I have watched all the videos and have watched this one video so many times I can almost repeat it word for word: http://tutorial.jms2win.info/jms12x/usersharing/index.html.

I can not get this to work, I need to share all users and Jomsocial user across all my sub domain names and would like to share the entire forum from Kunena, I would like to share all the content from this across the sub domain names as well as the content from jomsocial.

I would like to install Jreviews on all my sub domain names & Ad Agency 1.6 on all subs so customers can advertise on my sub sites & make listings.

If some that know how to do this can help my I would be very grateful! I need someone that really is confident in using this product.

I can set you up with passwords & stuff. What I need is you to setup one of my sub sites and I will mimic the settings to the 13 sub sites I need.

Thank You!
superman
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:I am about to give up and ask for my money back! 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
Can you give information on your environment.
Have you checked that your MySQL accept the sharing.
Do you use for example cPanel to define the permission of the MySQL user ?
As mentioned in the tutorial video CP-02 if you are using cPanel and if you don't have a dedicated server on which you can grant yourself the permission of rhe MySQL user then you have to contact your hosting provider to ask him increase the MySQL user permission.

Once you have all the MySQL permission to share the information, you can follow the video that you make reference.

Probably you receive error message like "command denied to user" when you want to share the extension (users, jomsocial, ...).

So the primary condition is to get a MySQL with the permission to "create view and show view".

If you want that we have a look on your server, you can order our billable suport on
www.jms2win.com/download?page=shop.produ...35&category_id=1

If the error is "command denied to user", don't order our support because if you don't have a dedicated server with for example WHM, we could not do anything.
You will have to contact your hosting provider to ask him increase your MySQL user privileges.
edwin2win
graph

Re:I am about to give up and ask for my money back! 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
I am getting this; error message like "command denied to user" when you want to share the extension (users, jomsocial, ...).

But I have ALL PRIVILEGES.

What should I do, I use Vexxhost.com

Here is what my ALL PRIVILEGES look like:

superman
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2009/10/16 15:34 By superman.

Re:I am about to give up and ask for my money back! 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
This is NOT true that you have all privileges are enabled.
We have written at many places that cPanel has a bug and that the "ALL PRIVILEGES" is not true.

As it is also repeated in the tutorial video CP-02 www.jms2win.com/tutorial#jms12x-CP-02 yuo have to contact your hosting provider to ask him increase the MySQL user permission.

If you want to also report the bug to cPanel , here it is their link
bugzilla.cpanel.net/

The problem is related to cPanel the does not provide ALL PRIVILEGES correctly on MySQL 5.0.
So if you don't have your own server where you could use another tool to upgrade the permission then you have to contact your hosting provder support to ask them grant your user permission with all the privilieges (for MySQL 5.0).
If he does not want, you can contact other provider.
For example, we are also using www.godaddy.com that does not have such issue as they does not use the cPanel. We also have www.ovh.com in france that does not have any problem and does not use cPanel.
Probably there are other hosting companies that does not have any problem or provide the additional support to grant the user privileges. This is the case of www.hostgator.com that use cPanel and grant our user with all the privileges.

Here it is another post in our fourm where you will find our answer concerning this cPanel issue.
www.jms2win.com/forum?func=view&catid=26&id=1470

You will find the cPanel bug entry
bugzilla.cpanel.net/show_bug.cgi?id=4678
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/10/16 17:09 By edwin2win.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla