English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: error 1142 can't solve
error 1142 can't solve 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1
Hi,

today all of a sudden I am getting an error when trying to make a new slave site. I have successfully made15 already but today getting a bunch of errors starting with this:

Error(1) [1142] query [CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW 3513windsorroadusers AS SELECT * FROM `gottesma_joomla`.`jos_users`]. DB Error: CREATE VIEW command denied to user 'gottesma_buddyq'@'localhost' for table '3513windsorroadusers' SQL=CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW 3513windsorroadusers AS SELECT * FROM `gottesma_joomla`.`jos_users`
Create User error [1142]: Query = [GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `gottesma_joomla`.`jos_users` TO `gottesma_buddyq`@`174.121.35.60` IDENTIFIED BY 'mypassword' WITH GRANT OPTION;], DB Message = [GRANT,CREATE VIE command denied to user 'gottesma_buddyq'@'localhost' for table 'jos_users' SQL=GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `gottesma_joomla`.`jos_users` TO `gottesma_buddyq`@`174.121.35.60` IDENTIFIED BY 'mypassword' WITH GRANT OPTION;]

There are a lot more like this below it. I have two templates. It works when I try to make a slave of the other template. I'm wondering what is going on?? I don't seem to know what is going on. PLEASE HELP!

P.S. - I am on Hostgator with a reseller account.
buddyq
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2010/03/06 04:48 By buddyq.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: error 1142 can't solve 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
The error message clearly write you that your MySQL user does not have the appropriate privileges
"command denied to user"
You will find in this forum plenty replied on this error message.

You have to change the privileges of your MySQL user and add the "create and show view" privileges.
You can go in WHM and use the PHPMyAdmin with "root" login to change the privileges of the MySQL user.
If you don't have the PHPMyAdmin with root login and "privilieges" menu available, you have to contact the Hostgator support and request to modify your MySQL user privileges.

This error is explain in the tutorial video CP-02
www.jms2win.com/tutorial#jms12x-CP-02
that mention that cPanel does NOT create MySQL user with ALL PRIVILEGES (this is not true). In "ALL PRIVILEGES" with MySQL 5.0, there are 2 options missiong that must be added outside cPanel.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2010/03/06 10:48 By edwin2win.

Re: error 1142 can't solve 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1
What I don't get is that it JUST started happening today and has been fine. Also, I don't get errors when creating a slave site from a different template. Why is that?

Please watch this screen capture of my issue. I show how it only happens with one of the templates I have. I also show settings of each template. Maybe you can help.

www.screentoaster.com/watch/stV0pSQ0ZIR1...aXlFT/jms2win_issues

If its a mysql permission thing, I dont know why it would work for one and not the other.
buddyq
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/03/06 16:12 By buddyq.

Your screen capture is not helpfull as your error is located in your MySQL user privileges.
You have to modify the MySQL user privileges.
As soon as you want to share MySQL table, you need privileges.

The error message is located in YOUR MYSQL SERVER PRIVILEGES.

You can read in this forum several replies to this error message and also confirm by customers.
So update the MySQL user privileges.
The procedure has been given several times in this forum

Go in PHPMyAdmin and select menu privileges.
Update the MySQL user privileges and add the "create and show views" privileges.
That's all
If you don't have the privileges menu in PHPMyAdmin, contact your hosting provider and requrest to increse you MySQL user privileges.

JMS can NOT bypass the security of your MySQL user privileges. It is not design to hack MySQL
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2010/03/06 20:15 By edwin2win.

Re: error 1142 can't solve 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1
I dont know why my video was of no help. Don't I need the same permissions to make a slave site from one template as I do the other? Especially if I'm using the same user on the same server etc?

Seems weird that I can create slave site from one template just fine with no errors and then get tons of errors from another template. My host, HostGator, granted the permissions for the user and I was able to create a slave site. However, immediately after I created the slave site, I got the errors again when I tried to create another slave site. Seems like something in the tables or code is doing something to my permissions??

If not, what would cause my mysql users permissions to keep getting revoked??

Buddy
buddyq
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Create and share are two different things.
You have to update the MySQL user privileges or use the MySQL root login that has all the privileges.
That all.
Search in this forum and you will see several customers confirm what we explained several times.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2010/03/07 10:55 By edwin2win.

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla