English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1234
TOPIC: Problem with child slave
Problem with child slave 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 1
Hi Edwin,

I have created a master and a slave1 which is working fine and are following your video re. usersharing but I can't get the child slave (slave_1a below) to work.

slave_1
Club Koh Samui http://{site_url}/multisites/{site_id} localhost intrafla_slave2 jos_ intrafla_slave2 Confirmed
slave_1a
Club IntraFlash master.xxxx.com/multisites/slave_1a localhost intrafla_slave2a jos_ intrafla_slave2a Confirmed

It confirm the database in salve_1a but there is no data in the database. I have tried several configuration but all I get is a very long red database error.

I will need to create 10 more child slaves and are now stuck on the first so I hope you wil be able to help me getting back on the right track.

Thanks,
FH45
FH45
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Problem with child slave 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
Which error do you have.
Probably a "command denied to user".
If this is the case, you have to check the MySQL user privileges.
Search also in this forum. This is documented several times.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Problem with child slave 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 1
Hi Edwin,

Thank you for your reply.

The errrors was:

The big one which other have mention here at your forum. I got that fixed by changing some of the configuration but than I got the below error:

Create DB error [1044]: Query = [CREATE DATABASE

`intrafla_slave2a` CHARACTER SET `utf8`], DB Message = [Access

denied for user 'intrafla_slave2'@'localhost' to database

'intrafla_slave2a' SQL=CREATE DATABASE `intrafla_slave2a`

CHARACTER SET `utf8`]

Than I used the root DB password and root as the DB username which gave me the below error:

Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

Hereafter I tried the following configuration where I granted all the permissions to the database:
lave_1a
Club IntraFlash xxxxxxxxx.com/multisites/slave_1a localhost intrafla_slave2a jos_ intrafla_slave2a Confirmed

It gave me this error: Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

One of my friends who is more into databases then I am looked into the set-up and are telling me that and found one major problem - all the symbolic link directories are not created. All files that were supposed to be copied to the directory was not copied also.

I am not sure how I am getting from here -it a very interesting portal project which hopefully will be interesting for you too when we start the front-end web sites as well.

We have a dedicated hostgator server so it must be possible to get this project going using JMS.

As said before the master and slave1 is working.

FH45
FH45
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Problem with child slave 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
Which version of Jms are you using ?
If this is the latest, check the following points.

If you database is located on a "localhost" and that you local IP address is not a 127.0.0.1 but something like 192.168.1.xxx the perhaps you have to force the MySQL host in the "multisites.cfg.php" file.

You can check MySQL user privilieges when you go in the "PHPMyAdmin" privileges. You probably have to go in WHM and its PHPMyAdmin to have the "privilieges" menu available.
Check that the MySQL user that is probably dynamically created has the expected permission on the MySQL server.

The dynamic DB creation and MySQL user creation performed by JMS require to provide all the privileges and perhaps add the "host" location.

If you create the DB manually outside, this would avoid you such difficilulties.

Concerning the Symbolic Link, the first element that must be checked is the tool you are using to see them. Some tools does not display them.
If you are using a SSH terminal, you can be sure.

Second elements is to check that the Symbolic Link functinoality is available.
See the hello world program explained in tutorial video 7 and also the JMS Settings menu.

If they are allowed, you also have to check that you have deployed the slave site into a specific directory.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2010/03/27 13:09 By edwin2win.

Re:Problem with child slave 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 1
Hi Edwin,

We are using version Version 1.2.25 (Latest available: 1.2.25)
Patches definition Version 1.2.31 (Latest available: 1.2.31)

The database is located at localhost and the IP address is not 127.0.0.0 -we use a dedicated server with a unique IO address for all our main domains.

We are using SSH terminal.

The slave are in in a specific directory.

The user have all the MYSQL privilieges" menu available.

I have tried to create the data base manually and from JMS but none of those ways solve the problem.

So I still wunder what is our problem?

FH45
FH45
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Problem with child slave 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin

Further to Finn's reply above, I have also tested the Symbolic Link functionality with the hello.php. The results are that Symbolic Link funtionality is present.

I have also tried to create the Symbolic Link manually and there is no problem with that either.
judyksp
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1234
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla