English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Kuena Forum Issues
Kuena Forum Issues 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi, wondering if the Kuena Forum will work properly with multi-sites? we have it installed and sharing content with teh slave sites, but are having some problems.

1. can not share users/logins/passwords
2. Users can not edit their profiles
3. in the posting area, the row that displays "bold/italic/insertimage/etc..), just like this forum above, does not display.

initially posting in the help kuena forum they told me to enable the Mtupgrade plugin. But i did that and it did not fix the problem. then i got this sorta answer and am pretty much stumped. i loaded a fresh slave site last night, with nothing but kuena and had the same issuess:

Replay from KUENA Forum

overunder: your problem is the what this discussion topic is all about. Irrespective of whether you have enabled the System - Mtupgrade plugin - Mootools 1.2.4 by another name - you have something else on your website that refuses to co-operate with the Javascript library and, effectively, hijacks the Mootools Javascript code. Your task, therefore, is to find what causes this conflict and to eliminate it.

Kunena uses 3 Javascript libraries. How many Javascript libraries are you using?

The best way to start this process, for complete beginners, is to start with a simple basic test site (in other words, Joomla 1.5.22 and Kunena 1.6.2 and nothing else) and make sure that those things work. Then you can add all the other things. We get a lot of new users who start with Joomla, add a fancy template, add a social network component, a flash video player, chat application software, background music player, banner advertising, links to all kinds of things that may (or may not) have anything to do with their business and load their sites will all these goodies ... and then they decide that, after all of this, they want a discussion forum. So they load Kunena.

The best way for complete beginners to start is to decide, beforehand, what is the most important thing that they want from their website.

The best way for beginners to look at what they need to do is to browse through this topic and look at what other people have written in the past.

Are you using legacy more, for instance? Don't use it.

Are you using Rockettheme templates? Be aware of the special things that you need to do.

Are you using one of the several dozen Joomla extensions, reported here, that use Mootools 1.1? Don't use them.

Typically, most problems that users have are caused by Joomla templates that were designed 2-3 years ago, about 14 versions of Joomla ago, that won't work with anything much today and that are no longer maintained by those who originally built them. No wonder these templates are free!

Read Mootools 1.2.4. Provide us with a copy of your K 1.6. configuration report.
overunder
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Kuena Forum Issues 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
If your problem is related to MooTools then use the latest Joomla version 1.5.22 in which they have implemented a system plugin called "mtupgrade".
By default this plugin is not enabled and you have to enable it.

Also ensure that you have installed the kunena system plugin
edwin2win
graph

Re: Kuena Forum Issues 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
problems 2 and 3 reside in the template, which we are looking at. something is conflicting with Kuena and has nothing to do with any multi-site issue.

Problem 1, I still have no idea how to get around. WE need to be able to share Kuena Forum users, not just the forum itself. can someone help how to do this?

www.oufishing.com is the master site
www.keystarponfishing.com is a test slave site

as you can see, the forums are being shared, but if you register in one, you can not use the same user ID/PWD in the other. REALLY hoping there is a solution!
overunder
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Kuena Forum Issues 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
Verify the the "#__users" table is really shared and that you don't have tried to "share" the kunena forum on a slave site that does not have the users shared.
If you have a look on the kunena shared pattern or in the JMS Template kunena sharing, you will find that the Joomla users need to be shared.

Your description let supposed that you have shared partially kunena excluding the users and that you decided to use the "JMS Tool" menu to share kunena on a website that does not already shared the users.

So verify that all the required kunena shared table are effectivelly shared. I suspect this is not the case. You can use the JMS Tool and the table panel to see the mysql tables definition and if the #__users is share (an infinite symbol). If this is not the case, this mean that you have created a slave site that has specific users and not shared users.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Kuena Forum Issues 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
this sounds like i'm moving in the right direction! thank you very much.

can you tell me how to create a slave site that shares users instead of having unique users? i will go and try that immediately... i am pretty much a user, not a programmer, so looking at or modifying databases, etc, pretty much over my head I think.
overunder
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Kuena Forum Issues 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
kuena is a fantastic extension..
sahil
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
sports24x
sahil

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla