English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Jomsocial User Sharing Not happening.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Jomsocial User Sharing Not happening.
Jomsocial User Sharing Not happening. 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
We shared entire jomsocial from Master site to Client Site. But We are not able to synchronize the User between Master and Client.

The Users in Master is not available in Client site. Please advise on this as soon as possible.

We were able to share all other components successfully including jomsocial, But We are not able to share users in between.

Please help in this!
alan1987
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Jomsocial User Sharing Not happening. 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
Verify the tutorial video 16 that show you how to proceed.

The expected result is to have the MySQL table shared.
You can go in the "JMS Tool" menu and verify how the tables are created between the master and the slave site.
If you have a link (infinite symbol) between the master and the slave site "#__users" table then you should have the same info between the website.

What you are describing is that the table in the slave site is not a link but a physical table.
This is the reason why I suggest you to review the tutorial video 16 to help you see the expected result.
www.jms2win.com/en/tutorial#jms12x-16

If you have a physical copy of the "#__users" table and not a link, this mean that you didn't created the slave site using a JMS Template rule that enable the sharing between the website.
In this case, review the creation of the slave site and the video should also help you.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2011/03/01 23:29 By edwin2win.

Re: Jomsocial User Sharing Not happening. 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
I have a link (infinite symbol) between the master and the slave. But all other features of Jomsocial is sharing. I mean groups are sharing and so on.

Only User sharing is not happening. I thoroughly followed the Video 16 tutorial, I am using template rule. Still only user sharing is not happening.
alan1987
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Jomsocial User Sharing Not happening. 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
This is not consistent.
If you have the "#__users" shared, when you are creating a users in a website, you should find it into the other websites.

Perhaps the link make reference to another DB or table prefix.
Put the cursor over the link symbol to verify the reference to the DB / table prefix where the table is shared.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla